The coloring and drawing competition (the “Competition”) is open to children aged between five and eighteen years old (“You”/ “Your”).
Definition of “You” or “Your” can be referring to the participant of the Competition, parents, guardian, any adult above 18 years old age or teacher who registered the participant to enter the Competition.
A participant must be student (grades K -12) enrolled in a private or public elementary or secondary school or a home school in United States, a United States Territory in Puerto Rico, Guam and Washington, D.C.
Employees of Champkids (“We”) and their immediate family members may not enter the Competition.
Accepting Terms and Conditions
Registering and participating at the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with Your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
By participating at the Competition, You give Champkids:
- Permission for Your entry and Your photo to be published on our website, social media and grant Champkids an exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish Your Competition entry and or photo in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition. All entries become the property of Champkids and will not be returned.
- The right to use Your name, age, school and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the creator of Your entry.
- Consent to the use of Your name, and/or artwork in any merchandise, advertisements, educational materials or publicity carried out or reproduce the art work by Champkids and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. Champkids can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any artwork at Champkids sole discretion.
- Consent to participate in any media interview or promotional activity resulting from Competition as reasonably requested by Champkids.
- Permission to add You in the Champkids email marketing list. Champkids does not sell or rent email addresses. The Champkids will not share any personal data about You with any other party. The personal data collected for this Competition will not be used for any other purposes unless You provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form. We collects Your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep You informed about the Competitions. Champkids may also contact You from time to time with information about other similar events that You might be interested in.
- The right to take photographs of You and Your artwork in connection with the Competition. You authorize Champkids, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. You agree that Champkids may use such photographs of You with or without Your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
REGISTRATION FEE ARE FOR ONE PERSON ONLY. Each entrant must fill out and pay individually.
Non participant may subject to a registration fee to enter the Competition venue depending on location.
All registration deadlines are at 5pm EST, on the specified date.
We limit one (1) artwork entry per participant.
Adults may give encouragement, but must not have a hands-on role in creating the artwork.
Each Competition has a specified theme and it will be announced live on the day of the Competition.
Competition entry must relate in an obvious way to the specified theme. It must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Competition.
Artwork must be two-dimensional and must use the original art paper provided on the day of the Competition.
You are required to complete the art work within the time frame provided.
You are responsible to bring Your own paint materials. Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
- colored pencil
- pastel color
- marker color
Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing photo or image (including a painting, graphic, advertisement or website) that was created by someone other than the student is a violation of the Competition rules and will be disqualified.
Judging and Award
Judging will be done on the same day of the Competition. Award presentation will be done at the end of the Competition day.
During the Competition, the sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the artwork to ensure that they meet the specified theme requirement. We reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits artwork that does not meet the specified theme requirement, incomplete entries or entries not complying with these terms and conditions are subject to disqualification.
Judging will be based on
- Creativity in expressing the theme
- Effective use of color
- Realistic representation
- Quality of artistic composition
- Technical skill
Each category will have three winners; first, second and third place. All participants will received a certificate of participation at the end of the Competition.
Winning artwork will hang in the venue before or after the award presentation on the day of the Competition or for an extended period of time depending on venue. Winning artwork will be published in Champkids website.
Champkids judging rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Competition and the awarding of the Prizes. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons or an external circumstances arise which are outside its control.
The decision of Champkids in all matters under its control is final and binding. In the event of cancellation of the Competition by Champkids, the registration fee will be refunded.
Champkidsis not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Competition. This Competition will run in accordance with these Competition Rules, subject to amendment by the Champkids. Champkids reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Competition or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
Any cancellation by You will need to be notify to Champkids in writing via email: email@example.com along with name, email, and contact phone number. We will refund registration fee for cancellation notice received 15 days prior (“Deadline”) to the day of the competition minus $5 administration fee. No refund will be issued for cancellation of any reason after the refund Deadline.
We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Champkids further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
Champkids, sponsors, its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or do not conform to or satisfy the Competition rules or for any problems in the Competition.
We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
By entering this Competition, entrants agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless to Champkids and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, volunteers, advertising and promotional agencies against
- any and all claims of any nature whatsoever
- any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Competition or participation in any Competition related activities, including but not limited to the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage
- including, but not limited to, claims of copyright infringement, by any party whatsoever, arising out of in any way related to the entrant’s entries in the Competition.
By entering the Competition, You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Competition will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between You and Champkids of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these terms and condition, shall be submitted to for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the New York, Nassau County, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
If you have any questions about this Terms and Conditions, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.